If you are interested in Blue Oak we invite you to first attend one of our monthly School Tours. Blue Oak School is a tuition-free public charter school. Enrollment is open to all children in grades K-8.
All enrollment inquiries can go to Kellie Machi our school Registrar. Phone: 530-879-7483 x. 2037, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are required to register any child in a California public school:
(1) proof of date of birth is required (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or other legal proof)
(2) two forms verifying proof of residency
(3) a written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department
* Students attending their first year in public school are also required to provide proof of a health and dental exam by a licensed physician.
Enrollment Packets and Forms
|Student Interest Form||Download|
|Kindergarten Enrollment Packet||Download|
|Grades 1-8 Enrollment Packet||Download|
|Oral Health Assessment Form||Download|
|Health Examination Form||Download|
How old does my child need to be to be admitted into Kindergarten?
To enter school in the fall of 2018, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018.
To enter Transitional Kindergarten (T-K), a child must turn five between September 2, 2018, and December 2, 2018.
* At Blue Oak we place T-K and K students in the same classroom.
Where can I find the forms and schedules for the Admissions and Enrollment?
All forms, details, and schedules, can be found here on the website (downloads above) or at the front office.
What do I need to do to enroll my child in the middle of a school year?
If there is an immediate vacancy your child can be enrolled mid-year. If there are no current vacancies, your child will be added to the waitlist based on the date and time your Student Interest Form is received.
What do I need to do if I am interested in enrolling my child for the next school year?
If you are seeking to enroll your student for the following school year, you must turn in a completed Student Interest Form to our front office and schedule a school tour.
How does the lottery and wait-list work?
If the number of students who wish to attend exceeds the available capacity, a random public lottery will be held and a wait list will be generated. According to our Charter, the following receive preference for admission:
- Existing students
- Siblings of existing students
- Children of Blue Oak staff
- Children and grandchildren of Charter Council Board members
- Students enrolled in McManus Elementary school or reside in its attendance area
- Students who reside in the Chico Unified School District
Why am I hearing about my child doing 2 years of Kindergarten?
Waldorf pedagogy is developmentally based. It is important that your child is developmentally ready for the curriculum that is presented at each grade level. Also, older students in a class are typically more successful than younger students. We strongly urge parents to allow their child 2 years of Kindergarten whenever possible and to heed any recommendation of our experienced Kindergarten teachers. Depending on your child’s birthday, they may be eligible for 1 year of Kindergarten, but their birth date is not the only factor considered. Those Kindergartners that fall into the younger group (birthdays between June 1 – September 1) are typically recommended for an additional year of Kindergarten. Teachers will make their recommendations to parents around the end of January. If you have concerns about this, you may schedule an appointment to meet with our school Education Director.
* If your child begins Kindergarten as a T-K student, they will be required to do another year of Kindergarten.