The Blue Oak Finance Committee (BOFC) is an advisory committee to the Blue Oak Charter Council (BOCC). Parents, faculty, classified staff, Charter Council members, and administration are all represented or engaged in this committee. Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 4:15PM.
The Finance Committee reviews all issues related to the schools budget and finances. It is the responsibility of the Finance Committee to make recommendations to the BOCC accordingly to continue successful and efficient functioning of the school.
- Oversee financial planning, especially during the strategic planning and budgeting process
- Monitor that adequate funds are available for financial management tasks
- Draft organizational fiscal policies to serve as guidelines and protection for BOCC operations
- Work with our back office provider to anticipate financial problems and oversee financial record keeping
- Help the BOCC understand the schools financial health
- Ensure all legal reporting requirements are met in a timely manner
- Make recommendations to the BOCC regarding development of sound fiscal policy and business management practices as well as approval of school expenditures
How to Join the Finance Committee
Blue Oak is accepting new applicants for the Finance Committee. Currently, three Parent Member seats are available. If you are interested, please reach out to the Executive Assistant, Alex Archer, for further detail.
Attend a Meeting
In Compliance with the Governor of California’s “Safer-at-Home Order” due to COVID-19, the Blue Oak Charter Council will be conducting meetings virtually until further notice. This means there will be no specific physical meeting place; the meeting will be held remotely. However, public participation continues to be welcomed and encouraged.
All BOCC meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in attending, please click on the button below to visit the School Community Calendar where you will find the dates, times, and Zoom links for all upcoming BOCC meetings:
Chairperson – Charter Council Member
Nominated Dec 2022. – Aug. 2023
Nominated Aug. 2022 – Aug. 2023
Blue Oak currently has a Parent Member seat available. See info about the “How to Join the Finance Committee” for more information.