Student COVID-19 Exposure Workflow:
Please use this guide if you’re child is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19 to determine whether they are fit to attend school or not.
BOCC Passes New COVID-19 Policy:
August 11th, 2021 Blue Oak Charter Council passed a new safety document “Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan” based on the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) updated safety guidance and framework for California schools. Click on the link above to learn more. The BOCC will revisit this plan in response to future updates from the CDPH.
Update Safety Guidelines from CDPH:
On July 12th, 2021 the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released updated safety guidance and framework for California schools. In order to continue to be in compliance with the CDPH guidance, the Blue Oak Charter Council (BOCC) approved the attached document. Click on the link above to read more about this response plan. The BOCC will revisit this plan in response to future updates from the CDPH.
Re-Opening Safety Protocol:
To read about what safety procedures Blue Oak will be implementing upon the return of students on campus, please read the document below that was approved by the Blue Oak Charter Council on October 20th, 2020:
Additionally, to view how our safety procedures meet the standards of the new public health guidance for K-12 schools in California released on January 14th, 2021, please read the document below that was approved by the Blue Oak Charter Council on January 27th, 2021:
If you do not have access to the Internet, the following resources are available:
- Comcast – Offers free WiFi for 2 months to low-income familes plus all Xfinity hotspots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter/Spectrum – Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T – Offers open hotspots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- T-Mobile – Offers unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- CDE List of Free Internet Resources
See our Counseling & Crisis Resources page.
CUSD Nutrition Services will be providing FREE lunch to children 18 years and younger (they must be present to receive lunch). Click on the link provided to check on the most recent updates.
Health and COVID-19 Updates
- Coronavirus in California
- Butte County Health Department
- California Department of Education Parent Resources